Investing in the city’s roads, water mains and sewers is an important undertaking to preserve Dearborn’s infrastructure, but can cause temporary inconvenience.
The following are projects supervised by the City of Dearborn Engineering Division.
Ongoing or scheduled projects for 2012
- Morross, Anthony and Diversey. Water main replacement. February – May 2012.
- Prospect from Maple to Irving. Water main replacement and asphalt street resurfacing. February – May 2012.
- Dix-Vernor from Ferney to Dearborn’s east city limit. Streetscape improvements. February – October 2012.
- Steadman from Alber to Warren. Asphalt street resurfacing and water main replacement. March – July 2012.
- Calhoun from Ford Road to Donald, and Donald from Schaefer to Calhoun. May – July 2012.
- Northbound Southfield Freeway Service Drive north of Ford Road. Resurfacing. July – August 2012.
Additional projects and their tentative 2012 start dates
- Carlysle from Telegraph to Outer Drive. Asphalt resurfacing and water main replacement. April 2012.
- Altar Road. Pavement alteration. Summer 2012.
- Auto Club Drive – Pavement reconstruction. Summer 2012.
Tentatively scheduled for 2013
- Cherry Hill from Gulley to Telegraph. Water main replacement and asphalt resurfacing.
Additional construction projects may be undertaken by Wayne County or the State of Michigan and affect Dearborn traffic or neighborhoods.