Beginning on Monday, June 28th, 2021, weather permitting, Zuniga Cement Company, the contractor retained by the City will be starting pavement replacement on Brandt Street adjacent to your property. This is in accordance with the policy of Mayor John B. O’Reilly, Jr. to make improvements to Dearborn’s public water main system, sewer systems and roadways wherever needed.
In order to minimize inconvenience to businesses and customers, the pavement replacement on Brandt Street will be performed in 2 phases:
- Remove and replace with heavy-duty concrete pavement the full width of Brandt Street from Wyoming to the alley (east) and the south half of Brandt Street from the alley to the east driveway for 8747 Brandt
- The north half of Brandt Street will remain in place until the Phase 1 concrete is ready for traffic
- Brandt Street will be closed to vehicle traffic at Wyoming with a posted detour routing traffic to enter Brandt Street off of Lonyo including access to 8747 Brandt
- Businesses along the north side of Brandt should use the public alley for access
- Remove and replace with heavy-duty concrete pavement the full width of Brandt Street from Lonyo up to and including the east entrance for 8747 Brandt and the remaining north half of Brandt Street
- The new pavement placed during Phase 1 may be used for traffic
- Brandt Street will be closed to traffic at Lonyo with a posted detour routing traffic to enter Brandt Street off of Wyoming including access to 8747 Brandt via the west entrance
During each phase of work, you will not have access to driveways along Brandt Street for approximately four (4) weeks. This four-week period includes removal of the existing pavement, drainage structure and sewer repairs, placement and cure time for the new concrete street pavement and the replacement of driveway aprons and sidewalks.
It is planned to keep inconvenience to property owners to a minimum. Your cooperation is requested so that we may be able to serve you better. You may contact the City Engineer’s office at 943-2145 with questions.