Projects supervised by the City of Dearborn Engineering Division and other relevant county and state construction projects will be added to this page as construction schedules are confirmed.
Please note that time frames are approximate, dependent on weather and other factors.
For answers to questions regarding these projects or to report issues that occur during construction, call the Engineering Division at 313-943-2145.
Traffic on affected streets will be maintained as much as possible. Residents will be notified of disruptions in water service and trash collection, or if their driveways will be blocked. At least 24 hours of notice will be given.
1. Water main replacement and asphalt resurfacing on the following streets:
- Appoline from Ford Road to Warren
- Haggerty from Schaefer to Hartwell
- Hemlock from Schaefer to Reuter
- Bingham from Ford to the railroad tracks
- Argyle from Paul to Haggerty
- Wellsley from Roemer to Schlaff
- Long Boulevard from Ford Field to Military
- Brainard from Cherry Hill to Long Boulevard
- Carlysle from Outer Drive to Ash
- Polk from Outer Drive to Carlysle
Dates: Late March through September 2015
2. Combined sewer overflow sewer separation projects
- Heritage Parkway
- Harvard from Cornell to Telegraph
- Cornell from Oxford to Harvard
- Lloyd Court from Cornell to Telegraph
Date : April – November 2016
- Ternes from Colson to Alber
Dates: May to October 2017
3. Asphalt resurfacing on the following streets:
- Schaefer from Ford Road to Michigan Avenue
Date: April to August 2016
4. Water main replacement and asphalt resurfacing
- Industrial from Dix to Riverside Drive. A minimum of one lane of traffic in each direction will be maintained throughout the duration of the project.
Dates: July –October 2016
Other work scheduled for 2016
Additionally, pavement and sidewalk repair will take place throughout the city in 2016. The contractor will be replacing more than 700 concrete panels.
Report safety issues in construction areas
Residents are encouraged to report any safety issues in construction areas to the Engineering Division at 313-943-2145 during business hours. After hours, please call the Police Department’s non-emergency number at 313-943-2241.
If any situation appears to be putting drivers or homeowners in imminent danger, please call 911.